These are the remains of Dr. John Bentley (on left)who died of spontaneous combustion in Pennsylvania in 1966. The spot where the body lay is burnt, but the rest of the room, including the toilet, was not even scorched. This shows a quick, hot flame that devoured the body in seconds. Only the bottom of one leg remained to identify this as a person
Mrs. M H Reeser of Florida who apparently died of spontaneous combustion in July of 1951. The only remains found was her skull, shrunken to the size of an orange
Look at the surroundings its completely spotless, with such temperature even the neighbors of yours can become roasted neighbors.
- Eighty percent of the victims are female
- Most of the victims were overweight, elderly and/or alcoholics
- The body is very badly burned, but the room the body was found in is pretty much intact except for a fine layer of soot
- A yellow, foul smelling oil is usually surrounding the body
- The burns are not distributed evenly over the body